Your source for earthquake hazard information
Our DisasterAWARE Pro platform, as well as our Disaster Alert™ public app, provides information about earthquakes happening around the world. Information is derived from a variety of scientific monitoring agencies.
DisasterAWARE provides earthquake hazard information for magnitude 5.0 earthquakes and greater.
√ Global (Automatically Processed)
SmartAlert™ Advanced Early Warning for Earthquakes
DisasterAWARE Pro now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency.
Magnitude 5.5–6.5 events with USGS Pager severity Green
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
Remember to “Drop, Cover, and Hold On!”
- If you are in a vehicle, pull over and stop. Set your parking brake.
- If you are in bed, turn face down and cover your head and neck with a pillow.
- If you are outdoors, stay outdoors away from buildings.
- Do not get in a doorway.
- Do not run outside.
Live in or plan to visit an earthquake-prone area?
- Practice Drop, Cover, and Hold On with family and coworkers.
- Secure heavy items in your home like bookcases, refrigerators, televisions, and objects that hang on walls. Store heavy and breakable objects on low shelves.
- Create a family emergency communications plan that has an out-of-state contact. Plan where to meet if you get separated.
- Make a supply kit that includes enough food and water for at least three days (at least two weeks if in Hawaii or other remote area), a flashlight, a fire extinguisher, and a whistle. Consider each person’s specific needs, including medication. Have extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
- Do not forget the needs of pets and service animals.
- Consider making improvements to your building to fix structural issues that could cause your building to collapse during an earthquake.
Real-Time Impact and Needs Assessment
Through DisasterAWARE Pro and Disaster Alert you get access to PDC’s unique exposure modeling capabilities—providing accurate assessments of exposure and need for hazards in any part of the world.
How to access Hazard Brief (available for all hazards)
Helpful Features and Layers
Apps powered by DisasterAWARE provide layers of information to help assess the impacts of earthquakes. These include but are not limited to:
• Locations and Magnitude
• Shaking intensity (ShakeMap Model)
• Tectonic plate boundaries
• Impacts and losses (PAGER alerts)*
• Earthquake intensity zones*
* = For disaster management practitioners only