Reporting ThresholdConditions right for a winter storm, with potential for adverse impacts to population or infrastructure
Manual Processing√ Global
for Winter Storms
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency. U.S. National Weather Service (NWS) warnings are automatically added to DisasterAWARE in real time.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
Act nowIf authorities have issued a winter storm warning for your area, find safe shelter right away!
- Stay off roads.
- Stay indoors and dress warmly.
- Prepare for power outages.
- Use generators outside only and away from windows.
- Listen for emergency information and alerts.
- Look for signs of hypothermia and frostbite.
- Check on neighbors.
Plan aheadLive in or plan to visit an area that experiences winter storms?
- Prepare your home to keep out the cold.
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of freezing weather and winter storms.
- Gather supplies in case you need to stay home for several days without power.
- Create an emergency supply kit for your car.
- Learn the signs of, and basic treatments for, frostbite and hypothermia.