Aviation Ash Cloud Code Yellow and Explosivity Risk Index = 0; or no ash cloud but Explosivity Risk Index < 3
Real-Time Processing√ Global
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:
Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency.
Aviation Color Code (ACC) Yellow and Risk Index = 0; ACC Green; or Nil/Null where no ash cloud is observed or forecasted and Risk Index < 3
ACC Orange and Risk Index < 2; ACC Yellow and Risk index = 1; or Nil/Null with an observed, but not forecasted, ash cloud and Risk Index < 3
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
- Listen for emergency information and alerts.
- Follow evacuation or shelter orders. If advised to evacuate, then do so early.
- Avoid areas downstream of the eruption.
- Protect yourself from falling ash.
- Do not drive in heavy ash fall.
Plan aheadLive in or plan to visit an area with high volcanic activity?
- Know your area’s risk from volcanic eruption.
- Ask local emergency management for evacuation and shelter plans, and for potential means of protection from ash.
- Get necessary supplies in advance in case you have to evacuate immediately, or if services are cut off. Keep in mind each person’s specific needs, including medication. Do not forget the needs of pets.
- Consult your doctor if you have existing respiratory difficulties.
- Practice a communication and evacuation plan with everyone in your family.
- Have a shelter-in-place plan if your biggest risk is from ash.
- Keep important documents in a safe place. Create password-protected digital copies.