Reporting ThresholdA recognized agency has issued a tsunami advisory
Real-Time Processing√ Global
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:
Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
Act nowIf you are in immediate danger of a tsunami, seek higher ground as far inland and as quickly as possible.
- First, protect yourself from an earthquake. Drop, Cover, then Hold On.
- Get to high ground as far inland as possible. Be alert to signs of a tsunami, such as a sudden rise or draining of ocean waters.
- Listen to emergency information and alerts.
- Evacuate: DO NOT wait! Leave as soon as you see any natural signs of a tsunami or receive an official tsunami warning.
- If you are in a boat, go out to sea.
Plan aheadLive near or plan to visit a coastal area?
- If you live near, or regularly visit a coastal area, learn about the risk of tsunami in the area.
- Learn the signs of a potential tsunami.
- Know and practice community evacuation plans and map out your routes from home, work, and play.
- Create a family emergency communication plan that has an out-of-state contact.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system.