Reporting ThresholdA storm or severe weather event has recently occurred (within the past 24 hours) with severe impact to the population or infrastructure
Manual Processing√ Global
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:Severity levels are determined by PDC’s risk intelligence platform based on data and observations from authoritative agencies.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
Act nowIf you area is in danger of a severe storm, remain indoors and away from windows:
- Evacuate if advised by local authorities.
- Check for and listen for official alerts, to include floods and tornadoes, and obey their guidance.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death.
Plan aheadLive in or plan to visit an area that experiences severe storms?
- Know what to do before, during, and after severe weather.
- Create a communications plan with your family. – Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Listen to local officials.