Reporting ThresholdLandslide occurred (within 24 hours) with severe impact to population or infrastructure
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:
Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
- Heed all warnings and evacuation notices.
- During a storm that could cause a landslide, stay alert and awake.
- If you do get stuck in the path of a landslide move uphill as quickly as possible.
- Avoid river valleys and low-lying areas during times of danger.
- If you are near a stream or channel, be alert for any sudden increase or decrease in water flow or water that changes from clear to muddy. These can be signs that a landslide is coming.
Plan aheadLive in or plan to visit a landslide-susceptible area?
- Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Connect with your local emergency services.
- Leave if you have been told to evacuate or you feel it is unsafe to remain in your home.
- Follow proper land-use procedures, such as avoiding building near steep slopes, close to mountain edges, near drainage ways or along natural erosion valleys.
- Become familiar with the land around you.