Reporting ThresholdConditions right for drought, with potential for adverse impacts to population or infrastructure
Manual Processing√ Global
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:
Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
Act nowIs your area experiencing a drought?
- Practice indoor water conservation, such as avoiding unnecessary toilet flushing and shortening shower times.
- Practice outdoor water conservation, such as avoiding over spraying your lawn.
Plan aheadLive in or plan to visit an area that experiences drought?
- Repair dripping faucets by replacing washers. One drop per second wastes 2,700 gallons of water per year.
- Consider purchasing a low-volume toilet that uses less than half the water of older models. Note: In many areas, low-volume units are required by law.
- Plant native and/or drought-tolerant grasses, ground covers, shrubs, and trees.
- Position sprinklers so water lands on the lawn and shrubs and not on paved areas.