Reporting ThresholdAn avalanche may occur and has the potential for adverse impacts to the population or infrastructure
Manual Processing√ Global
DisasterAWARE now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Offering the following alert severity levels:Severity levels are determined by PDC’s risk intelligence platform based on data and observations from authoritative agencies.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
Act nowBe aware and know the conditions! If possible, avoid locations where there is a danger of avalanche.
- Check for and listen to alerts.
- If others are buried, call 911 and then begin to search if it is safe to do so.
- If you have the proper training, treat others for suffocation, hypothermia, traumatic injury, or shock.
Plan aheadLive in or plan to visit an area that experiences avalanches?
- Avoid locations where there is danger of an avalanche.
- Get training on how to recognize hazardous conditions and avalanche-prone locations.
- Sign up for alerts on current avalanche dangers.
- Always have a buddy, preferably one familiar with the area.
- Learn how to properly use safety equipment.
- Get proper equipment to protect yourself from head injuries and create air pockets.
- Use devices to support rescue.