PDC Hosts the 2nd Annual Women In Technology Excite Camp 2002
September 26, 2002
The 2nd Annual Excite Camp 2002 is a 3-day event sponsored by Maui Economic Development Board and Kamehameha Schools. Excite Camp 2002 is for native Hawaiian middle school girls, grades 7 through 8. Article is not available to general public.
More from Pacific Disaster Center
To keep yourself up-to-the-minute about hazards and disasters:
- Download the free PDC Disaster Alert mobile app for your iOS and Android devices,
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook (/DisasterAWARE), and
- Use PDC’s Global Hazards Atlas from any computer.
For the latest Weather and Disaster News, use the PDC Weather Wall.
While you are thinking of hazards, think of preparedness. PDC provides disaster preparedness information, including printable instructions for assembling a Disaster Supply Kit and rehearsing a Family Disaster Plan.
For more information on DisasterAWARE products:
- Take a look at our new fact sheet,
- For details, see the DisasterAWARE documentation.
- Read and understand more about custom versions, such as DMRS and VinAWARE,
- Watch the ASEAN DMRS video on YouTube.
Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) envisions a safer, more secure world—where populations live in more disaster-resilient communities informed by science and technology, and equipped with sound decision support tools. To help make that vision a reality, PDC is dedicated to supporting evidence-based disaster risk reduction (DRR) efforts by providing actionable information and applications to the public and disaster managers worldwide. PDC, a program managed by the University of Hawaii, was established by the U.S. government in 1996.