Atlas is now Disaster Alert
November 1, 2016
This is the interface of the new web-accessible Disaster Alert, displaying PDC Integrated Active Hazards, Rainfall Accumulation, and Day/Night Indicator.
Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) announces the launch of Disaster Alert for the web! Innovation never stops!
Following the huge success of Disaster Alert as a free-download iOS and Android mobile app for the public, we have now streamlined our web-accessed application, the Global Hazards Atlas, to create a new and highly improved DisasterAlert. The features and benefits are tremendous, including:
- Mobile and desktop access from any web browser;
- Your favorite map and layer features optimized for touch;
- Improved, streamlined, and simplified data layers and time-series animation;
- The ability to save bookmarks as files—no user account required;
- Improved language support; and
- Much more…
The new web-accessible Disaster Alert is based on the latest DisasterAWARE™ Quantum technology, for easy cross-device access. Quantum technology will soon be incorporated into the upcoming versions of iOS- and Android-specific versions of the Disaster Alert mobile app, fully optimized for the specific platforms.
In the meantime, we hope that you enjoy the ongoing evolution of Disaster Alert (from Atlas), as part of our continuing commitment to improve your access to hazard and disaster information and to fostering disaster-resilient communities worldwide.
More from Pacific Disaster Center
To keep yourself up-to-the-minute about hazards and disasters:
- Download the free PDC Disaster Alert mobile app for your iOS and Android devices,
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook (/DisasterAWARE), and
- Use PDC’s web-accessible Disaster Alert from any computer, or other web-enabled device.
For the latest Weather and Disaster News, use the PDC Weather Wall.
While you are thinking of hazards, think of preparedness. PDC provides disaster preparedness information, including printable instructions for assembling a Disaster Supply Kit and rehearsing a Family Disaster Plan.
For more information on DisasterAWARETM products:
- For details, see the Training Guide for Web-accessible Disaster Alert,
- Read and understand more about custom versions, such as DMRS and VinAWARE,
- Watch the ASEAN DMRS video on YouTube.
Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) envisions a safer, more secure world—where populations live in more disaster-resilient communities informed by science and technology, and equipped with sound decision support tools. To help make that vision a reality, PDC is dedicated to supporting evidence-based disaster risk reduction (DRR) efforts by providing actionable information and applications to the public and disaster managers worldwide. PDC, a program managed by the University of Hawaii, was established by the U.S. government in 1996.